Lit from Within: Fun and Funky 4th with #ColourPop and #Milani
-->

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Fun and Funky 4th with #ColourPop and #Milani


Hello, Fireflies!

I don't know how it got started for me, but last year, I decided to wear a fun red, white, and blue-themed makeup and nails look for my friend's 4th of July party, and this year, I decided to do it again.

Why I bought this blue lipstick, (Milani Bella Blue) I'll never know, but I did.  It's not as flattering on me as I would like.  One friend thought it was fierce, but another thought that my lips were purple because I was cold.  Hmph.


I think I'd prefer it layered over black lipstick, or something like that.  It's not opaque, and has a lot of frost to it.  It was fun to pair with this red, white, and blue eyemakeup, though!


I used Colour Pop Onai as a base vanilla shade all over my lids, up to the browbone.  I used Colour Pop Luckfully as a deep blue liner, and even got a little flick in there.  The star of the show, however, is Colour Pop Hot Totty!  It looks very red in the pan, but has pink glitter in it, so it wears more like a hot pink.  Close enough, though.

It was bright and sparkly, like fireworks on the 4th of July.  Stains a little like the hangover the next day, too.
I also used Laura Geller Glamlash and my Chella Heated Eyelash curler for big, curly lashes, my Anastasia Brow Wiz, Estee Lauder Double Wear BB Cream, and Laura Geller Pink Grapefruit Blush-n-Brighten to complete the look.


I went for a patriotic nail look, too!  The base is my regular white polish that is a random mix of whites.  I stamped using my Winstonia W107 plate.  Sephora Fiery, a metallic red, made for bright red stripes, and Zoya Sia was the bright blue I was looking for.

It was fun to go outside my usual makeup box and do something fun for a party.  What makes you go outside your makeup comfort zone?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...