Lit from Within: Teal Tuesday - Glam
-->

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Teal Tuesday - Glam


Hello, Fireflies!

For this holiday season, I've been focused mainly on light, glittery eyes and red lips for my looks.  It's still a fave, but I thought I'd show you a darker, smoky teal eye with a light lip that might be fun for a night out.

It's always nice to round out a look with a good hair day!


A while back, I bought some pigments on clearance from a company getting rid of their stock.  Wish I'd bought more! I love this duochrome on my lid called, "Creamy Coffee."  It's got a brown base (and looks brownish in the pan) but has a wonderful teal duochrome.  I also added some Makeup Geek Houdini in the crease to darken and increase the teal. I layered everything over Ardency Inn Eyes Like Fire black shadow.
I picked up some Ardency Inn products on Hautelook, and I'm really impressed!  The Eyes Like Fire is extremely pigmented, and the Punker (World's Baddest Eyeliner) eyeliner I used is very black and pigmented.

One of my fatal flaws with makeup looks is that I often forget to photograph the lipstick I'm using.  It's maddening to look back at this and not know what that lipstick is.  I do like how that neutral rose/pink looks with these dark, smoky teal eyes.


What I used:  Makeup Geek and DIY pressed pigment shadows, Becca Champagne Pop, Catrice Kiss Me Ken blush, Tarte Maracuja Concealer (light), It Cosmetics Brow Power (Universal Taupe) and Celebration Foundation SPF 50+, Ardency Inn Punker World's Baddest Eyeliner and Eyes Like Fire shadow (black), and Laura Geller icare waterproof liner in Aquamarine.


I also put together a teal nailart for this look.  I paired Zoya Satin Dagmara with some water decals.  I think I used the Zoya Satin topcoat to seal in the decals without losing the satin finish.  I so love the frosted bottles that Zoya uses for their satin and matte finish polishes!

Zoya Dagmara with water decals

I find myself buying more teal makeup these days - it's like I can't get enough of that rich blue-black color!  Have you found a teal that you just love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...