Lit from Within: Halloween Web Decals
-->

Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween Web Decals


Hello, Fireflies!

We're getting closer to that big, spooky day!  I saw this cool, abstract web design from ArcadiaNails that I wanted to do, but instead of free-handing the web like she did, I decided to make a stamp decal!

I started out with two types of web stamps from my Cici & Sisi 10 plate.  I have a few different stampers, so I used my Finger Paints Black Expressionism and stamped three of the stampers with the corner web stamp, and two with the round web stamp.  Then, I let them dry on the stamper.


I used different polishes in white, black, grey, and silver to fill in different parts of the web, and then let them dry.  Finally, I used a clear nail polish to cover the whole decal, and when that was dry, I peeled them from the stamper.  I painted my nails with a coat of nude polish, and then stuck the decal to that.  I cut away the excess with cuticle scissors, and used topcoat to seal in the design.

monochromatic abstract spider web nailart

Bottle shot:  Glitter Gal Nuddy Nude, Chuck A Wobbly, and Big Smoke, and stripers in white, black, and silver.

Bottle shot:  Glitter Gal Nuddy Nude, Chuck A Wobbly, and Big Smoke, and stripers in white, black, and silver.

It's a lot of steps, but I think it was worth it to have cool multi-shade monochromatic webs!  Kinda wish I'd stamped a spider or two on there, as well, now.  Have you ever made a stamping decal?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...