Lit from Within: That Funky Emily
-->

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

That Funky Emily


Hello, Fireflies!

It's a new month, and a new theme for the NCC! This month, we're getting down and funky, with funky French manicures.  I had just received my order of A England's new collection, inspired by Emily Bronte, so my nailart features that gorgeous collection!

My favorite color from the collection is the gorgeous berry/wine holo, Let Me In, which I've used for the base of this nailart.  So berry.  Much wine. 


I then created half the French chevron with Cathy, a light grey/almost white holo with an icy blue shimmer.  On the other side, I created an asymmetric look by making a smaller half with Wuthering Heights, a darker grey holo.  Then, I went back and made a smaller triangle over Cathy with Heathcliff, the only glitter in the collection - multi-colored holo glitter in a dark charcoal base.


I really wanted to use Spirit of the Moors, too! It was the only one left in the collection I hadn't used.  It's a bright cobalt blue with silver micro glitters.  I love the color, but the formula was missing that distinctive A England buttery smoothness.  Spirit of the Moors definitely needed two coats, which is unusual for an A England polish.  It also had a skunky smell from the pigment used to make that bright blue.

whomp, whomp.


I dig the pattern, though, and I do love this collection.  I can't get enough grey and berry holos.


Bottle shot:  A England Let Me In, Cathy, Wuthering Heights, and Heathcliff.

Bottle shot:  A England Let Me In, Cathy, Wuthering Heights, and Heathcliff.

If you've never tried A England before, you're missing out on one of the nicest Indie formulas I've ever tried.  Her scattered holos are buttery, smooth one-coaters.  What do you think of this collection?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...