Lit from Within: Solomon Grundy
-->

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Solomon Grundy


 Hello, Fireflies!

Time for another Super Heroes/Villains post!  I'm going murky and zombie today with some stamping!

To get the story I wanted to tell, I had to choose a lot of different images.


The villain Solomon Grundy's real name is Cyrus Gold.  He dies, and when he is reanimated, all he can remember is that he was born on a Monday.  There is an old English nursery rhyme about a man named Solomon Grundy, who was born on a Monday, and so the moniker stuck:

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy.


The background is a sponge mix between Essie Fall In Line and Essie Cashmere Bathrobe, and the stamping is Mundo de Unas Blue Grey.

I only have 5 fingers, so I consolidated a few of the days.  On my thumb, the 'baby' and footprint are for 'Born on a Monday'; the pointer is a cross for 'Christened on Tuesday'; the middle finger has wedding bells for 'Married on Wednesday'; the syringe is supposed to represent him taking 'Ill on Thursday' and growing 'worse on Friday'; and the Grim Reaper represents his death and burial on Saturday and Sunday.


That is both the end of this mani, and Solomon Grundy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...