Lit from Within: All Things Blue - April Showers
-->

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

All Things Blue - April Showers


Hello, Fireflies!

It's time for another Challenge Your Nail Art challenge!  This month, it's a short one.  For the next three days, my nail art will focus on All Things Blue!  Today, there's water, water, everywhere - but not a drop to drink!

When I saw this cool droplet nail art from POW! Nails, I knew I had to try it for this challenge.  Well, it's not my best work.  It will take a little practice, and a slower-drying topcoat for me to get this one right.


I started with OPI Keeping Suzi At Bay, a crelly marine blue, and then put a matte topcoat on it.  Then, I took some Seche Vite and a dotting tool, and built up little domes.  I tried adding tiny highlights with Sinful Colors Snow Me White.

You can tell where I started making little strings of topcoat because it was drying on me.  Maybe these are RainX nails and the water is sheeting off?

3-D Water Drop nailart

Bottle shot:  OPI Keeping Suzi At Bay, Warpaint Matte Topcoat, and Sinful Colors Snow Me White.

Bottle shot:  OPI Keeping Suzi At Bay, Warpaint Matte Topcoat, and Sinful Colors Snow Me White.

Do you think they look like drops of water on my nails?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...