Lit from Within: And I Said, "What About Breakfast At Tiffany's"
-->

Sunday, April 12, 2015

And I Said, "What About Breakfast At Tiffany's"


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Sunday Stamping challenge is to reference a classic film.  I was stuck for an idea, when my husband asked if I had a Tiffany blue, and could do the movie, 'Breakfast at Tiffany's."  Brilliant!

I know I have China Glaze For Audrey, a true Tiffany blue, around here, somewhere... but in the meantime, I pulled this forgotten blue out of my untrieds - China Glaze Teal The Tide Turns.

I forgot it was a texture.  And, it was a little lumpy, but some thinner helped.  It may be a little darker than a true Tiffany blue, but it does look like their gift box, and there are some lighter blue sparkles in there.  It's a gorgeous color, nonetheless.


If you haven't seen the movie, well, what are you waiting for?  It's really good.

The most iconic scene in the movie is where Audrey Hepburn is standing outside of Tiffany's, eating her croissant and coffee, with her sunglasses hiding her sleep-deprived eyes.  So, of course, I had to stamp some sunglasses with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme and my Winstonia 106 plate.

The other thing I think about with this movie is the last scene, in the rain, with Cat.  So, I added a little orange Tabby, using Milani Metallic Mango and my Winstonia 115 plate.
I usually go for full-nail stamps, or stamp all the fingers the same, but this just felt right, like my own version of a movie poster.  The color, the sunglasses, and the cat is all I needed.


Bottle shot:  China Glaze Teal The Tide Turns, Milani Metallic Mango, generic white, and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.



Do you like Breakfast at Tiffany's? What's your favorite classic film?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...