Lit from Within: My Love Kinekt-ion
-->

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Love Kinekt-ion


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's my final post for March's "Inspired By Fashion" NCC theme, and I'm doing chevrons again.. ha! no, just kidding.  I'm actually dedicating this post to my favorite accessories, a ring and necklace my husband gave me that are nerdy and fun, and have my heart.

My husband knows me better than anyone else, and he's pretty good at surprising me with gifts that he knows I'll love.  Last year, he got me this cool moving gear ring from a small family-owned company called Kinekt, and this year, he got me the matching heart necklace.

Kinekt jewelry - gear heart necklace and gear ring

Both pieces have moving gears! The ring spins when you move it, and the chain in the necklace moves the gears on the necklace.  When I wear it, my natural movement of my head turning actually makes the necklace move! Kinekt has some videos on their site if you want to see these in action.
Kinekt jewelry - gear heart necklace and gear ring
The ring is my favorite 'worry stone' item - when I have a dentist appointment, or something else that makes my nerves jumpy, my husband makes sure I have my ring to play with!  Both pieces are pretty sturdy, and the gears move easily and smoothly.  According to Kinekt, both pieces are made from 316L, which is the highest quality surgical stainless steel in the jewelry market.  It's lightweight and durable, and hypoallergenic for those with metal allergies.


My mani is L'Oreal Masked Affair, the much sought-after lilac-grey holographic polish, with a gear pattern stamped on it using Milani Black Swift and Cici&Sisi 12. 


I'm not into Steampunk or anything, but I love these gears.  So adorably nerdy. If you're looking for a relatively unique gift for the gearhead in your life, I recommend checking out Kinekt! They can be found on their website, and on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...