Lit from Within: Matte Is The New Black With Tarte Tartlette Palette
-->

Monday, February 2, 2015

Matte Is The New Black With Tarte Tartlette Palette


Hello, Fireflies!

I don't always follow the beauty 'rules' but I'm not mad about mattes being in vogue again, especially since us older ladies aren't supposed to wear too much of the shiny and glittery on our sagging eyelids.  Well, tomorrow's another day, but for today, I'm going matte with the amazing Tarte Tartlette palette!

The palette has three groups of four shadows each.  Each group goes from lightest to darkest, and is based on the same color palette.  The top 4 are warmer neutrals, the middle are rosier, and the bottom are cool neutrals.  Fear not, though - I don't think there is a bad match in the bunch, no matter which row you take the color from.

Tartlette swatches on ELF lid primer
Tartlette palette swatched on ELF lid primer
For my inaugural look with this palette, I went across the board with the top row, and then used the darkest color from the second row, bombshell, as a liner over my pencil.

daytime matte EOTD with the top row of the Tartlette palette
Love this palette, glad I made the investment.  All the colors are buttery soft and pigmented.  The lightest ones are a little harder to see on my pale, pale skin, but that's the price I pay for being pasty white.


Even behind my glasses, there's no issues seeing this colors.  If you're looking for mattes, this is a great palette!
I also used my Peach Girl BB Cream, L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara, Mattese Elite Eyeliner in Vintage, ELF Eyelid Primer, Cover FX Calming Primer, Stila Convertible Color in Lilium, Too Faced Bulletproof Brows in Brunette, Sleek True Color Matte Lipstick in Mystic, and NARS powder.

How do you feel about a matte eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...