Lit from Within: Dottin' Love Is In The Air!
-->

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dottin' Love Is In The Air!


Hello, Fireflies!

It's time for another Challenge Your Nail Art challenge. This one runs through 2/15, and is all about love, love, love.

Well, today, I want to share with you one of the nail art techniques that I love, not only for how pretty it looks, and the many variations you can create, but also because anybody can do it:  The Dotticure.

If you don't have a dotting tool, you can use anything from the end of a bobby pin to a toothpick, to a nail stuck in a pencil eraser.  If you wanted to, you could probably just use the end of the polish brush itself for a more 'blobbicure' look.


The only rule of nail art is that there are no rules.  I started with the barely pink base of Orly Flirty Girl, and added drops of white and red.


Bottle shot:  Orly Flirty Girl, Sinful Colors Red Eye, SephoraX X hearts Rouge, and Milani White On The Spot.

Bottle shot:  Orly Flirty Girl, Sinful Colors Red Eye, SephoraX X hearts Rouge, and Milani White On The Spot.

I love mixing in a shimmer or glitter with my dottin' cremes.  Adds a little something, a little dimension to the look.  What's your favorite nail art technique?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...