Lit from Within: Stamped Swirly Chrome
-->

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Stamped Swirly Chrome



Hello, Fireflies!

Today's stamping challenge was to use a plate that ended in '0'.  Easy enough.  I tried revisiting a technique I haven't tried in a while... and I think I need more practice with my chrome stamping polishes!

I started off with this rich, shiny Orly creme - Wild Wisteria.  Wow.

Orly Wild Wisteria.  Wow

On my Mash 10 plate, I put drops of 3-4 different Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup.  Some, like this Royal Purple, showed up better than others.  Some, I mixed too much and they came out to a generic pink color.


I like how on the thumb and pinky you can see some of the taupe color that didn't blend in.


Hard to tell the difference between some of the lighter and darker pinks.


Bottle shot:  Orly Wild Wisteria, and in what I *think* is the right order, but I can't remember which is which - Sally Hansen Chrome in Orchid Sapphire, Tourmaline Chrome, Royal Purple Chrome, Copper Chrome, and Violet Sapphire.

Bottle shot:  Orly Wild Wisteria, and in what I *think* is the right order, but I can't remember which is which - Sally Hansen Chrome in Orchid Sapphire, Tourmaline Chrome, Royal Purple Chrome, Copper Chrome, and Violet Sapphire.

With so much polish on the stamper, too, I need to practice using a lighter hand so it won't smear so much.  I've never found stamping to be particularly easy, but you can do some really neat designs and techniques with it, so I keep on practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...