Lit from Within: My First Leadlight
-->

Sunday, November 16, 2014

My First Leadlight


Hello, Fireflies!

Ready for another post of 'Nidia Tries Something New and It Goes Sideways As Expected'?  Good! Here we go... my first lead-light technique!




For those of you not familiar with this technique (no, I don't know why it's called lead-light, either) it's stamping over a white base and then coloring in the pattern with jelly, or very very sheer, polishes.  It looks a bit like stained glass, when done well.

I started off with white nails, and then stamped using Cult Nails Nevermore and Dashika Big SdP - D plate.  I like how the plate has the image in two orientations, for those who want either the other hand to have the mirrored image, or to do decals, or what-have-you.

stamped using Cult Nails Nevermore and Dashika Big SdP - D plate

 I just painted in random portions with different colors.  Kinda looks like watercolors.

Or, as I say of all my 'mistakes' - it's just abstract impressionism.  Yeah, that's the ticket!


Like any technique, I suspect some practice will do me good.


Bottle Shot:  Sally Hansen/Revlon white, Cult Nails Nevermore, Mentality Shalon, Rachel, and Mona, Liquid Lacquer Houses of the Holy, and L'Oreal Berry Nice.

Bottle Shot:  Sally Hansen/Revlon white, Cult Nails Nevermore, Mentality Shalon, Rachel, and Mona, Liquid Lacquer Houses of the Holy, and L'Oreal Berry Nice.

Have you ever tried this technique, or painting with very sheer polishes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...