Lit from Within: Stamping a Sad Poem
-->

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Stamping a Sad Poem


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Adventures in Stamping challenge is to stamp over a yellow.  I found this yellow jelly, L'Oreal Tweet Me, in my stash.  I'm showing it to you here in two coats over white.

I did originally have it by itself, but I was going on 5 coats and still had VNL, and it didn't dry before it got all messed up.  I never would have been able to stamp on it.  Unfortunately, the beautiful orange shimmer doesn't show up as much over the white as it did on its own.  It pops more over the white, though.

L'Oreal Tweet Me, a yellow jelly with orange shimmer (over white)

I finally got to try some of MoYou London's stamping plates.  They are pretty cool, with even the sleeve having nice artwork on it.  I love that they have a sturdy and safe plastic backing, too.

I chose four different stamps from the Pro Collection 04 plate, and stamped with Cult Nails Nevermore.

Pro Collection 04 plate

Even though this yellow is bright and happy, to me, this stamped manicure reads like a sad poem.  The flowers blowing away, the lone bird, the writing smeared by tears..


I didn't intend for it to be sad, but I probably was affected by the sad news of the passing of Robin Williams, whose comedy I grew up on.  RIP.


Bottle shot:  L'Oreal Tweet Me, Revlon Spirit, and Cult Nails Nevermore.

Bottle shot:  L'Oreal Tweet Me, Revlon Spirit, and Cult Nails Nevermore.

I was a little surprised to see my mood so reflected in my nail art.  Have you ever done realized after the fact that your mood affected whatever project you had been working on?

4 comments:

  1. Really like the writing stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeee the writing. I would use that a lot, if I could actually stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite stamping plates ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do think moods matter as how to things turned out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...