Lit from Within: Hooray for Bollywood!
-->

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Hooray for Bollywood!


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Sunday Stamping challenge is 'Bollywood.'  The only exposure I've really had to Bollywood is from the TV show, So You Think You Can Dance.  I love their Bollywood numbers, but I'm always out of breath at the end, just from watching!


So, when I think of Bollywood, I think of the costumes in rich jeweled tones and gilded details, and the music and fast-paced dancing. To try and capture that feeling, I started with Cover Girl Wine Stain, a deep, rich, wine.  There's no topcoat in this picture - the shine is all from the polish.  It's gorgeous.

Cover Girl Wine Stain, a deep, rich, wine with an extra-glossy finish

I painted my ring fingernail with Cover Girl Timeless Rubies, and then dabbed it and some more Wine Stain on the other nails. Lookit that sparkle.

Cover Girl Timeless Rubies

I just got my new CiCi & SiSi plates, and thought that this stamp was perfect for this challenge.  Music notes, and swirls make me think of the dancing.

stamped with Cover Girl Perfect Penny and CiCi & SiSi 12

Cover Girl Perfect Penny adds a lightness to the mani, too.


Aren't these so pretty together?  Cover Girl Wine Stain, Timeless Rubies, and Perfect Penny.

Bottle shot: Cover Girl Wine Stain, Timeless Rubies, and Perfect Penny.

Have you seen any Bollywood?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome nails inspired by that! I used to love watching show when it first started and that dance was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I've seen Bollywood music videos (not sure if I'm correctly referring to them!) on TV when we go to our favorite Indian buffet and the clothing the women wear is so beautiful! I love how colorful Bollywood is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant design. I´m loving this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these colours together. They are so pretty! I've never seen a bollywood film but i've seen it be mocked on a few comedy shows so I think I get the jist of what they do. Probably a bad assumption to make, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color selection. I that design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...