Lit from Within: Stamping Sunday - Bleeding Rust
-->

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Stamping Sunday - Bleeding Rust


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's stamping challenge was to use a plate whose number ended in '2'.  It was kinda fun to go through a bunch of plates and just choose something I liked.

I bought a bunch of Nabi holos a while ago from a seller on Ebay, tried a few, and the rest have sat around in the mountain of untrieds.  I picked Tawny from the pile and fell in love.

Nabi Tawny

Even though these bottles are very similar to the Layla Holographics, these polishes are nothing alike.  Laylas have an incredible mirror holo, but are super finicky and look best over an aqua base.  Nabis are more of a tightly scattered holo.  They can drag if you don't let the layers dry, but they're not finicky.

I'm so in love with this rich wine color. 


I really liked this pattern on Winstonia W112.  At the time, I thought it looked a little like a circuit board.  Now, I'm thinking more Greek-themed.  I used Maybelline Bold Gold to stamp with.  It's one of my fave stamping polishes, and I was so stoked to find a couple of bottles on clearance at Target this past week! It was like Christmas came early this year.

Winstonia W112

But wait, you say.  That doesn't look gold.  It looks reddish. 


That doesn't look gold.  It looks reddish.

Well, Tawny bled through the stamp when I applied top coat.  It was an unexpected, but quite welcome effect! I think it's so cool, and I couldn't have planned it any better. 

Well, Tawny bled through the stamp when I applied top coat

I loved it so much, I had to do the other hand. Here's what it looks like right after the stamp is applied, before it has a chance to bleed.   Sooo different!

Here's what it looks like right after the stamp is applied, before it has a chance to bleed

I took this pix much later.  Look at how both stamps have turned reddish as Tawny bled through the gold.  So cool.


Bottle shot:  Nabi Tawny, and Maybelline Bold Gold.

Bottle shot:  Nabi Tawny, and Maybelline Bold Gold.

Have you ever had a happy accident like this, where the final result wasn't what you thought it would be, but it was so much better?

15 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about that gold polish from Maybelline for stamping. It looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, far and away, my fave gold stamping polish. Bold Gold and Essie No Place Like Chrome (silver) are my faves of all time for stamping.

      Delete
  2. The colors you picked look great together! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! I'm in love with this look - especially that I can do it on both hands! lol

      Delete
  3. ooookay, I so love what this looks like when it bled a lot more than the before! It's insanely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I just discovered Penicillin on accident, or something. I was like, what's this? OMG IT LOOKS AMAZING! lol

      Delete
  4. I love the end result - I think the bleeding thru gave it a nice look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the regular gold stamp look boring by comparison, doesn't it?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's one of my top fave holos from Nabi that I've tried now. And, they're not expensive, either - I found them on Ebay for pretty much drugstore prices - $4- $5 each, I think.

      Delete
  6. that came out so pretty. Now I need to go pull out all of my stamps and plates. I haven't used them in such a long time because the polish that came with the plates dried up... but I am going to try with some other colors. Thank you for sharing - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't have any 'real' stamping polishes - though I hear great things about the ones from Mundo de Unas. I find that almost anything metallic stamps pretty well. I have some Kleancolor metallics I like, and some from Essie, and even Sinful Colors. Have fun!

      Delete
  7. loving that design and with those colors its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know I'm proud of it if I show both hands! lol

      Delete
  8. I love it when the universe shows me what a cool screwup I can be. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...