Lit from Within: Art Challenge - The (worst) Way to Travel
-->

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Art Challenge - The (worst) Way to Travel


Hello, Fireflies!

I'm warning you now, today's post is me struggling through another art challenge.  The original piece that inspired me was this one I found on Deviant Art by Joe Maccer called, "The Best Way To Travel"


Pretty, right?  You may need to refer back to that picture, because my rendition is nothing like it!

I started out with a gorgeous holo from Northern Star Polish, Lunar Glow.

Northern Star Polish Lunar Glow

I thought this stamp from an unlabeled plate of mine would mimic some of the swirls and starbursts in the background.  I stamped with Essie There's No Place Like Chrome.


This is so pretty and light and ethereal.


Let's enjoy one more pix of this moment, because it only goes downhill from here.


I thought that I could do a dry water marble for the large starburst patterns.  I used Maybelline Plum Paradise, Sally Hansen White Tip, and Zoya Pippa.

I thought that I could do a dry water marble for the large starburst patterns

I dotted on the three polishes and then did a needle drag through the dots.


Bottle shot:  Northern Star Polish Lunar Glow, Essie There's No Place Like Chrome, Maybelline Plum Paradise, Sally Hansen White Tip, and Zoya Pippa.

Bottle shot:  Northern Star Polish Lunar Glow, Essie There's No Place Like Chrome, Maybelline Plum Paradise, Sally Hansen White Tip, and Zoya Pippa.

Even my husband was having a hard time finding anything positive to say about it... All I can say is that I tried!





4 comments:

  1. I love the Deviant Art Website, it's easy to see what got you inspired by Joe's image! I like to use images on that site as inspiration for new ways to think about color combinations (not necessarily in nail art). It's hard to recreate something literally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent way to think about it! I have definitely been thinking about it too literally! Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...