Lit from Within: First Frost #FallingForNailArt
-->

Friday, November 22, 2013

First Frost #FallingForNailArt


Hello, Fireflies!

I got a little busy with Real Life (what's that?) and totally forgot about this challenge!  I don't like bailing, though, so I've doubled up on some of the posts to make sure I finish before month's end.

That's right - you get two, TWO posts today.  Lucky you.

The first challenge mani today is "First Frost".  So, I went looking for something green - because here in Florida, everything is still green when/if we get a frosty morning.

Imagine my surprise to find that this glitter turned green!  I don't even know who made this Indie, but I remember it used to be a pretty good dupe for OPI Absolutely Alice...which is blue.  This is what a bleeding glitter looks like - all the formerly blue glitter is now silver, and the base, which used to be clear, is now a blue/green.

Luckily, I still like it, and it seemed perfect for today's mani. But I'm kinda bummed that it's no longer Alice-like.

This is what a bleeding glitter looks like

I am absolutely loving this OPI Ski Slope Sweetie from the Mariah Carey holiday collection.  It's iridescent, with a gold shift.  The gold becomes opaque at times, and sometimes it just frosts whatever color is underneath.  Very unique!

OPI Ski Slope Sweetie from the Mariah Carey holiday collection

Even though the OPI makes the mani look 'frosted,' I wanted to add a little more frost and texture.  So, I took a bottle of glitter and dusted parts of my nails with it.  The glitter catches the light like ice would, and it gave the mani a 3-D textured effect, like sugar crystals on top!


This angle makes it a little easier to see the 'frost'.

I took a bottle of glitter and dusted parts of my nails with it

Bottle shot:  Alice Who? (Unknown Indie), OPI Ski Slope Sweetie, and some glitter.

Bottle shot:  Alice Who? (Unknown Indie), OPI Ski Slope Sweetie, and some glitter.

Do you know who created that Indie?  Would you be upset that it changed so dramatically?

Don't forget - there's another #FallingForNailArt today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...