Lit from Within: The Makeup Show Orlando - Blogger Preview (and nails!)
-->

Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Makeup Show Orlando - Blogger Preview (and nails!)


One of the most exciting opportunities I've received as a Beauty Blogger of Central Florida is to attend The Makeup Show Orlando.  It is an amazing conference with workshops, demos, lectures, and lots and lots of makeup.

There are a lot of pix, so I'll put in a little break here.

The first evening was a preview just for bloggers, so of course I wanted my nails to look nice.  I started with an Indie named Delightful Handmade Lacquers.  Lucky Clover is an emerald green with a subtle scattered holo.  I'm not sure of the status of this Indie at the moment.  She only has a few likes on her Facebook page, and the Etsy store seems to be closed. 

Delightful Handmade Lacquers Lucky Clover

I paired it with Jindie Nails BeTrixed, a clear base with micro glitters in blue, yellow, and green, and slightly larger glitters in black and pink.  Such a fun, uplifting color combo. 

Jindie Nails BeTrixed

I thought it was so cute with my green top.


James Vincent is a makeup artist and the force behind The Makeup Show.  He's really interesting to listen to, and so passionate about his trade that it is infectious.  He introduced all the products were were able to sample, and gave us some examples of how he used them.

I will be sharing with you my reviews of many of the items we were provided, as well as many of the amazing products I purchased for myself at the Make Up Show in future posts. 

James Vincent

Although it wasn't included in our samples, it was so neat to hear about the makeup kits curated by himself, as well as several other makeup artists, with one of the major show sponsors, Make Up For Ever.


There is no doubt that trying new products is exciting, but getting to hang out with my fellow Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida is the real treat.  Here's Su of Chronicle Stones and Maria of Cult Nails.

 Su of Chronicle Stones and Maria of Cult Nails

Me, jumping in!

Me, Su of Chronicle Stones, and Maria of Cult Nails

Me with Cat of Beauty by Cat

Me with Cat of Beauty by Cat

Phyrra, Beauty for the Bold with Brittany of Clumps of Mascara

Phyrra, Beauty for the Bold with Brittany of Clumps of Mascara

Cristina, of Let Them Have Polish, blowing me a kiss!

Cristina, of Let Them Have Polish

I am so grateful that I can count these ladies as friends and Beauty Blogging mentors.  Without them and this group, I wouldn't have had this opportunity.

I must also give thanks to Melody O'Flaherty of Melody Joy Public Relations for inviting the BBCFL as media guests to The Make Up Show Orlando.

Stay tuned, Fireflies!  The next couple of days I will have posts showing you who and what I saw, as well as what I wore on my nails. I hope you enjoy my experience vicariously!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...