Lit from Within: Red hot Red!
-->

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Red hot Red!

Hi Fireflies!

"Sometimes, I like to dance around my living room in my underwear.  Doesn't make me Madonna.  Never will."  - one of my favorite lines from the movie Working Girl.

Sometimes, I like to put on red nail polish and be a hot tamale.  I may or may not dance around in my underwear.  If I were to, though, I might wear Cirque Vesuvius, because it is a red-hot holo.

Cirque Vesuvius

Red is the hardest color to make holo - it's either too pink or too grey.  This one is really close to a true red. 

Cirque Vesuvius, a red-hot holo

I wanted to amp up the red a little, and also the sparkle, so I did a gradient with Liquid Sky Lacquer in Hot Rod Red.  I love how it darkened the tips and added a little glitter.

I did a gradient with Liquid Sky Lacquer in Hot Rod Red

Bottle shot:  Cirque Vesuvius, and Liquid Sky Lacquer Hot Rod Red

Bottle shot:  Cirque Vesuvius, and Liquid Sky Lacquer Hot Rod Red

If you were going to dance around in your underwear and pretend you were Madonna, what nail color would you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...