Lit from Within: Butter Red as Fire
-->

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Butter Red as Fire

Hello, Fireflies!

If you liked yesterday's post with the Double Take Ice Duo, you might also like today's post because I'm showing you the Double Take Fire Duo.

It starts with a wine-red called Rebel Fox.  I loved the gold shimmer in the bottle, but it's pretty shy on the nail.

wine-red called Rebel Fox

It's a nice red for me, though.  I prefer darker reds.  This one isn't too vampy, but it isn't a traditional bright holiday red, either.


The topcoat in this duo is called Brass Monkey. (that funky monkey! Brass Monkey Junkie, that funky monkey! - points if you know what song that's from and who sang it.)

Brass Monkey

Brass Monkey is described as a copper opal fleck.  It's the same texture as Leccy from the Ice Duo - very chunky shards, like bits of foil.

Brass Monkey is described as a copper opal fleck

And the bottle shot:  Butter London Rebel Fox and Brass Monkey.

bottle shot:  Butter London Rebel Fox and Brass Monkey

I also recently picked up a newer Butter London called Brown Sugar.

Brown Sugar

This is an amazingly beautiful coppery-wine opaque glitter with gold shimmer.  I think this polish just skyrocketed into my top 10 faves.  Photos do not do it justice.

amazingly beautiful coppery-wine opaque glitter

I wanted to see what Brass Monkey would look like on top.  It blended in more because of the gold shimmer.  Those chunky flakes do catch the light, though!

Brass Monkey on top

Bottle shot:  Butter London Brown Sugar and Brass Monkey.

Bottle shot:  Butter London Brown Sugar and Brass Monkey

Are you loving the holiday trend of reddish brown/wine reds and glitter toppers?  I think I could wear Brown Sugar for a while and still love it.  Way to go, Butter London!

2 comments:

  1. I need Brown Sugar! It's a total lemming of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - you need it! It's gorgeous, and really unique!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...