Lit from Within: Brown Glitter, Brown Glitter, Brown Glitter
-->

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Brown Glitter, Brown Glitter, Brown Glitter

Hello, Fireflies!

I don't know why brown gets such a bad rap.  I love it - I am a brunette with brown eyes, and I wear brown polish!

So, today, I have a few different brown glittery - and I think, gorgeous - looks to show you. 

They all start with Mentality Hunger as undies, though most of them didn't need undies.

Mentality Hunger

I like the shift between the copper and gold, and the subtle holo.  It's a little too light for my personal coloring, but it works so well with these glitters.

Mentality Hunger

First up is Rebel Heart by Fanchromatic Nails.  It's listed as a 'cherry red' but it looks more reddish-brown to me.  I think this color is so beautiful, and is one of those shades that looks good with so many other colors.

Rebel Heart by Fanchromatic Nails

The reddish hue just makes it glow.

Rebel Heart by Fanchromatic Nails

Next, from the now-defunct Feenix, is Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter.  I feel bad that you can't buy from her store anymore, but you can still find Feenix in blog sales sometimes.  It's too pretty not to show off, anyway.

Feenix Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter

That subtle hint of red is something I love in a brown polish. 


Another reddish-brown polish is Lilacquer Variations On A Theme.

Lilacquer Variations On A Theme

Apparently, Lilacquer is defunct now, too.  That's the problem with liking Indies - some of them don't stay around very long.  Bummer.


Three reddish-brown glitters, all different.  As of this writing, you can still get Rebel Heart from Fanchromatic Nails, but the rest are out of business.

Bottle shot:  Mentality Hunger, Fanchromatic Nails Rebel Heart, Feenix Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter, and Lilacquer Variations On A Theme.

Bottle shot:  Mentality Hunger, Fanchromatic Nails Rebel Heart, Feenix Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter, and Lilacquer Variations On A Theme.

Does the fleeting nature of Indies make you want to collect them, or avoid them?  I used to want to own *every* Indie I could, but now there are so many I can't possibly collect them all.

2 comments:

  1. If you love a glittery brown you might want to suss out Deborah Lippmann's Super Star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of that one, so I went looking for swatches. MMM! Yep, right up my alley! And, even better, I found that it has a Wet 'n Wild Dupe - Cougar Attack! Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...