Lit from Within: Falling for Nail Art - Early Sunset
-->

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Falling for Nail Art - Early Sunset


Hello, Fireflies!

I'm a little bit excited about how this mani came out!  I wasn't sure that my sunset vision was going to come to fruition..especially when it started like this:

I knew I was doing a gradient, so I wasn't too worried about even coverage, but up close, this looks a hot mess!

I knew I was doing a gradient, so I wasn't too worried about even coverage, but up close, this looks a hot mess!

I wanted the grey background for that twilight feel, so I used Maybelline Impeccable Greys.  Bootie Babe Honky Badonky gave it that purple shimmer. 

Maybelline Impeccable Greys and Bootie Babe Honky Badonky

Orly Berry Blast added a sheer pink shimmer, and Butter London Silly Billy gave me the bright orange tips.

Orly Berry Blast added a sheer pink shimmer, and Butter London Silly Billy gave me the bright orange tips.

I may have dabbed on a little more Berry Blast and Honky Badonky.  Look at that shimmer! It glows.

 Look at that shimmer! It glows.

For me, it was that shimmer that perfectly captured the essence of a gorgeous late summer sunset.

shimmer that perfectly captured the essence of a gorgeous late summer sunset

Bottle shot:  Maybelline Impeccable Greys, Bootie Babe Honky Badonky, Orly Berry Blast, and Butter London Silly Billy.

Bottle shot:  Maybelline Impeccable Greys, Bootie Babe Honky Badonky, Orly Berry Blast, and Butter London Silly Billy.

That Bootie Babe is gorgeous, but the name and the bottle just slay me!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...