Lit from Within: Spring Fever Voxbox - Part I #SpringVoxBox
-->

Monday, June 10, 2013

Spring Fever Voxbox - Part I #SpringVoxBox

I am so excited to tell you about my Influenster Spring Fever Voxbox! Today is part one of all the coolness.

First up, the Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure in Space Cadet.


Pretty cool, huh?  There is gold glitter that flashes when you move your hands, too.  To put these on, I just removed the backing, like pulling off a piece of tape, and stuck it on.  That's it.

The major complaint I've heard about these nails is that they're too small for many of the bloggers.  Well, here's one time my teeny nubbins have come in handy.  These fit me perfectly.  Here's a side view where you can see that they lay nice, and not too thick. You can see some of the gold shimmer, too.


Here's the only problem I had - my nails are thin and a little bendy, so there was a gap in between the Impress nails and my own.  I was worried about the possibility of moisture or dirt getting stuck in there.  Also, it's hard to tell from the pix, but the ends were a little rough.  I just took a nail file to them to smooth them out.


I would definitely wear these for a fun outing, or when I didn't have time for a full mani.  They were so easy, and they stuck really well.  And, they're affordable, at $5.99 - $7.99 a set. I couldn't do a longevity test, though... such is the life of a nail blogger!  Gotta change that polish!

Next up, NYC New York Color Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red.


See?  I had to change my polish to match my awesome new lip balm.  (This is WingDust Zambezi Sunset with a silver nail art striper)

You may notice that the top of my balm is a little mangled.  *hangs head in shame*  I took my BRAND NEW lip balm, used it once, and then I accidentally left it on my car's dashboard while I had dinner.  In Florida.  In summer.  When I went to use it after dinner, it kinda smushed.

The good news is that once I brought it inside, it solidified very nicely again.  The cute apple on top is deformed, but the balm is good to go!


I thought this balm had great color payoff, especially for the price ($2.99).  I was expecting sheer with a little tint, but this actually gave my lips a nice color!  And, it felt nice, not sticky or gooey.  It is a balm, so it doesn't last that long, but it is very moisturizing.


What do you think?  I'm impressed so far!  I'll have some more reviews and nail art tomorrow, too!

If you'd like more information about Influenster, you can find them on Facebook or on Twitter @InfluensterVox .  You can find Broadway Nails on Facebook, too.  NYC New York Color has a Facebook page as well.


1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...