Lit from Within: Ay, Ay, Maya..
-->

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ay, Ay, Maya..

Maya Cosmetics is one of those Indies that just arrived on the scene with a Bang!  Everything of theirs that I've tried has been awesome. 

Like A Boss.


"'Cause she walks like a boss, talks like a boss, manicured nails to set the pedicure off; she's fly effortlessly"


I don't know if that's what Maya Cosmetics had in mind, but I can't get that song out of my head every time I hear the name of this polish.  A nude, subtle holo, it's definitely appropriate for the workplace.

Cookin' Creole.  Two coats by itself on my ring finger, 2 coats over Like A Boss on my other fingers.  Like a rich gumbo, this polish has a jelly tan base with floaty bits of glittery goodness.  I would like a little more glitter; you can see on my ring finger that the glitter is more sparse.  Without undies, the base gets too thick before I can get enough glitter.


Graceless Lady.  Nothing graceless about it - this is the polish that made me buy all these others.  What a beauty.  Love the dusty blue quality to the holo - but the shine is all the polish; no topcoat.


It Can't Rain All The Time.  Two coats by itself on my ring finger, 2 coats over Graceless Lady on my other fingers.  These two polishes look like they were made to go together.  I remember that about the first collection I bought from Maya, and this one is the same - these polishes compliment each other.


It's Not Easy.  A lovely grass green, with different green and white glitters.  This is another polish I wish had a little bit more glitter in it, because it was getting thick, and the glitter was dragging down the tip.  


Greyscale.  I wouldn't normally think to go black and white over green, but I'm glad I did.  I loved this combo, and it made the green take on an olive hue.  It probably would have been opaque on its own with a third layer, but I really liked it like this.  With a microglitter like this, the combinations are endless.


I love the combinations that go together so easily in the Maya collections.  Any faves for you?

So many different looks, most of them with a subtle side this time - but there are lots of others available from Maya Cosmetics.  If you'd like more info, you can check them out on Facebook, or on their storefront.

2 comments:

  1. I love It's Not Easy...and I don't like green, normally :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the Muppet reference? :) It's a great color, though. You're coming around to the broader spectrum of nail polish colors!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...