Lit from Within: Something Different Sunday: Hard Night/Good Morning!
-->

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Something Different Sunday: Hard Night/Good Morning!


When I started this blog, I never imagined I would also grow to enjoy doing beauty product reviews... but I'm really enjoying learning new things and trying different beauty products!  Of course, I also have an inspired mani to show you, too!

I was contacted by Hard Night/Good Morning to see if I was interested in reviewing their products, and I have to admit.. the name intrigued me!  The older I get, the harder it is to bounce back from my Girls' Nights Out!  I tried two products from their line.

Facial Cocktail Serum.  Apparently, this is their flagship product, but I didn't know this when I selected it.  I can see why it is, though.  I absolutely LOVE this.  I can honestly say that this product does exactly what the name Hard Night/Good Morning says. 

You know I loved it, because I did a mani inspired by the packaging!  I free-handed stripes using OPI Black Onyx and Cult Nails Tempest.


I first tried it out after a particularly margarita-filled Girls' Night Out.   I woke up dehydrated and droopy.  I just knew this product couldn't bring my 40-*cough*-something  face back to life.  I don't know if it was the aloe base, or the combo of the exotic ingredients, but wow, I felt amazing after just one use.  My skin felt rejuvenated.  The next night, I stayed up past my bedtime.. way past.. and woke up with similar droopiness.  Again, after using the serum, I looked better.  I've been using it every day since!

One unexpected side effect was how it really helped with my blemishes.  I am the only 40+ something I know who has more pimples than wrinkles.  I had a couple of blemishes near my hairline that just *wouldn't* heal up - they kept reforming.  After using this serum ONCE, they disappeared.  In an inspired moment, I used it on some reoccurring blemishes I get from my bras, and, while I still have some, I have less, and they are less angry-looking. To be honest, if I used it there every day, they'd probably be even better, but now I'm hoarding my bottle for my face because I really like it that much.


All Hard Night/Good Morning products are paraben, phosphate, sulfate and phthalate free, and safe for all skin types. The serum has a subtle scent, like grapefruit, I think.  It doesn't linger, though.  I'm not overly sensitive to scents, but I didn't think it was obnoxious.   The serum comes in a pump bottle that easily dispenses a small amount of product that is enough.  It looks thick, but it spreads really easily, like it just melts into your skin and is quickly absorbed.


If you'd like more information on their serum, or to purchase it for $69.99, please check out their website.  Through the end of March, they are offering free shipping on purchases over $125.

Detox Mineral Masque.


I haven't used a masque in YEARS. This one is a clay-based masque that looks like terracotta.  It went on easily.  The first time I used it, I had some rawness around my nose from blowing it, and I guess the masque irritated it because it stung!  So, be sure to avoid any raw skin if you're sensitive.  The second time I used it, my nose was healed, and there was no stinging, just a tightening feeling as the masque dries.


I didn't notice any changes after using the masque.  The second time, I even used it on those bra-induced blemishes I was telling you about.  Consulting their web page, I see that this is a product that needs to be used weekly to see results, and it will reduce blemishes if left on overnight.  I'm pretty sure I'd get orange stuff everywhere if I tried to leave this on overnight.

My skin did feel a little dry after using the masque, so I used a little of the serum, and that made it all better. The masque sells for $25.99, and if you purchase $125 worth of product in March, they are offering free shipping.


Hard Night/Good Morning was created by D'Andra Simmons, after she spent over 10 years in the beauty industry.  She wanted to create a full-service skin care line for men and women. There are only 8 products in the line, and she believes they are all you ever need to take care of your skin.  The line is aloe-based, and free from parabens, phosphates, sulfates and phthalates, and is 100% vegan. 

I can honestly say that I loved the serum, and if you aren't getting all the beauty sleep you need, this can help you look and feel better.  And, if you're like me and have aging skin but still get pimples, this may help you like it helped me.  I would love to hear from you if you've tried these products, or think you might!

If you'd like more information about Hard Night/Good Morning, please check out their Facebook page.  They also have lots of info and an online store on their webpage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...