Lit from Within: Happy New Year!!
-->

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!

So, out with 2012, and in with 2013.  Only problem is, I still have so many untrieds from 2012 to show you!  And, my Christmas decorations are still up, and there are still holiday goodies around the house..

Everyone else ended the year with their top polish lists, but I'm going to start this year with mine.  With the exception of my top 2 faves, these are in no particular order, but are some of my fave, must-have polishes I found in 2012.

Enchanted Polish Magical Mystery Tour.   To be frank, I loved so many of Enchanted's holos, I just picked one to make the list.  The only thing I don't like about Enchanted is how hard they are to get.  They are one of the few polishes I have to stalk to make sure I get what I want, and I don't always get them.


Darling Diva Polish Space Beetle.  Holos were my true love this year, and multichrome holos more so.  This polish took a purple/green multi and added holo.  So pretty!  Ringer and Dangerous Driver are also faves from this Indie brand.


Rainbow Honey Kawako.  I've heard it's a cousin to the VHTF Essie Starry, Starry Night.  It's gorgeous, and my fave of the RH stable of colors.  Flawless.


A new fave for holos, Chirality has a cool name and even cooler polishes.  Cu2 was the cobalt blue of the collex, but any of them could be on my faves list - they are beautiful, easy to use, and there are some pretty cool colors in their collex.


Venomous Vixen by Wet 'n Wild.  Actually, the whole Pick Your Poison collex is a must-have, in my opinion.  Richly pigmented, with a glow from within.  This grey had a subtle shimmer that I loved.


Dandy Nails Chilled Down.  Dandy Nails rose to the top of the Indie heap for me this year, with many beautiful and well-formulated polishes.  No one does a microglitter better, in my opinion.  Wonderwall is awesome, Cashmere Night is a beautiful matte suede, and Chilled down is a soft, billowy cloud with falling snowflakes.   What a great palate cleanser after all the other green and red holiday glitter collex.


Butter London Fishwife.  I wanted this holo for so long, and it did not disappoint.  Unique color, great rainbow, and flawless BL application.  I showed a lot of BL on the blog this past year, and they are quickly becoming one of my fave luxury brands.


Girly Bits Long Winter's Nap.  Girly Bits was one of the first Indies I really became aware of this year.  Shift Happens was the first polish I stalked!  I haven't actually written about Long Winter's Nap on the blog yet, but it's too beautiful not to include.  Fathomless from the same collex is a beauty as well, and soooo many others from Girly Bits.  


KBShimmer Snow Way.  Another polish yet to debut on the blog, but it's coming soon!  Again, so very many of KBShimmer's polishes could be on this list - Cocoa Nut, No Whine Left, Ellle, and Which Way are among my faves.


A-England St. George.  My first polish love.  A luxurious deep teal scattered holo that flowed on the nail and was opaque in one coat.  This polish reawakened my interest in nail polish, and was one of the first polishes I wanted to take a pix of and keep for always.


China Glaze Bogie.  Surely there are tons of ChG that are beautiful and must-haves, but this is one of the first ones I hunted down because I loved the swatches of it.  The collex it comes from is so pretty, lots of jewel tones which are my faves.


Zoya Skylar.  Zoya really made an impression on my this year.  They are a big company that acts like a friend.  Tons of sales, great polishes that never disappoint, many different finishes and colors, and super-cute bottles.  Skylar is a shimmery blue, my fave color, but it also special because we had a heart-dog named Skylar that we lost recently, and she was a blue-grey color because she had no hair.  This is a lovely color to remind me of my sweet girl.


Cult Nails My Kind of Cool-Aid.  I love this stamped art, and I love this color.  Cult Nails is a fave of mine, and I have almost a complete set of her polishes!  They are some of the most beautiful and easy polishes out there, and her top coat is amazing.


China Glaze Electric Beat.  Another blue, what can I say.  This is the first color I bought a backup bottle of!  I love it, it's a blue that's great for all seasons.


Nicole for O.P.I. Green Up Your Act.  This color was a Target exclusive, and another color I have a backup bottle of.  These greyed-out colors stole my heart this year, and I fell for so many colors that had a touch of grey.  This was one of the first, and one of the best.


Jade Magia Negra.  Jade is another brand you could put almost any color of theirs on this list for me.  All of their holos are exceptional, and are the best bang for your buck, as far as holos go.  They were one of the first to come out that you didn't need a buffer or special aqua base for, and they have a great rainbow.  This black is the darkest black holo I own.


La Femme Unica.  Oh, dark green, you take my breath away, and with a gorgeous holo, too.  This was the first dark green holo I was aware of, and it's still one of my faves.  Look at that rainbow, and the complexity of the color.


Pomegranate Lacquer CyberSpace (and Blue Screen of Death).  I loved this nail art, and these two polishes, but especially that holo!


Two Birds CrossRoads.  Bar none, this was my fave glitter this year.  Mostly because it matches several of my shirts and really compliments them.  I wore this an unprecedented three times! The formula is amazing, and I've never seen a tinted orange jelly glitter before.


My absolute fave polish of the year was Dandy Nails Bathed in Light.  The name says it all.  I felt like a princess with this polish on.  It's beautiful, sophisticated, and a real stunner.  It's also a multichrome scattered holo, one of my fave finishes.  I wish I could have a chiffon gown this color and go dancing.


 I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane!  Were any of my faves yours too?  Tomorrow, I'll show you some of my fave nail art I did over the past year.

12 comments:

  1. Oh these are some lovely ones.

    Time flies so quickly.

    Happy New Year sugar!!!Here's to many more polishes and awesomeness in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you! I wish you a very happy, polished 2013!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhhh! Magical Mystery Tour is ridiculously beautiful! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2013! May its polishes be even more beautiful!

      Delete
  3. I've just stumbled across your blog today, LOVE IT! I must get that Enchanted Magical Mystery Tour color! I will be stalking Llarowe for their restock of the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful compliment! Thanks! Keep vigilant, Enchanteds are like leprechauns to catch! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kawako. I bought it with Kitsune back in October. I was super bummed that I didn't get Oni. I didn't realize they'd disappear after Halloween. However, I just ordered from RH because they had free shipping until the end of December, and it was back in stock! I'll have the whole set now. I also just got Fishwife but I haven't tried it yet. It'll probably be my next mani. And you know I love My Kind Of Cool Aid! It's one of my favorite Cult polishes. You've given me a few more to add to my "lemming list"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Isn't it great when you find a lemming? There's something about being on the hunt for a special poliah. :)

    ReplyDelete

  7. Enchanted Polish Magical Mystery Tour is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some lovely polishes here! Love them all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so hard to choose, there are some real stunners out there!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...