Lit from Within: I like the nightlife, I like to disco...biscuit!
-->

Friday, December 14, 2012

I like the nightlife, I like to disco...biscuit!

A year ago, I wouldn't have believed that I would be a major fan of a polish line that costs $14 a bottle.  But I've found that with blog sales, and sales from Butter London and Ulta, I don't have to pay that much if I can wait.  And, so I've waited! 

First up, my base color in Color Club In The Limelight.  This is a beautiful periwinkle-leaning blue creme.


Look at that shine - no topcoat!


I used clear tape to mark off the center 'bowtie' and painted BL Disco Biscuit over the rest of the nail.  Even though it looks bright in the bottle, it's actually pretty sheer, but with a great blue sparkle that I thought matched In The Limelight really well.


It didn't stand out as much as I would have liked in Real Life, though, so I took a pink striper brush and outlined the sections.  I guess this is my version of Punk Rocker!


I wanted to try a different look to see if I could get more of the fuchsia to shine, so I put on a base color of Revlon  Bold Sangria with thumb and ring accents in Provence.  I almost didn't want to cover these colors!  Revlon Colorstay polishes never disappoint.  Smooth application, great shine.



I put BL Disco Biscuit over all of the colors.  I love how the lilac becomes BRIGHT pink, and the dark plum gets this awesome blue shimmer.


I took the original Revlon colors and an art brush and doodled over the BL.  They don't even look like the same base colors anymore.  Disco Biscuit is a chameleon topcoat.




Do you like layering polishes?  Or would you prefer all your color to come from one polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...