Lit from Within: Adventures in Stamping - Stamping around the Christmas Tree
-->

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Adventures in Stamping - Stamping around the Christmas Tree



How many black polishes with sparkle does one girl need?  I don't know, but I'm attracted to them like magpies to shiny.  I was a little disappointed that Sally Hansen Midnight in NY wasn't as sparkly on the nail as it was in the bottle, though.  The glitters are much more subtle, and it took some finagling to get them to photograph.


I wasn't too worried, though, because I knew I'd just be using it as a backdrop for LynBDesigns Trimmed Out Tree.  I received this polish in a grab bag, and although it isn't one I'd gravitate to, I actually really liked it.  Very festive with the stars, and the glitters that look like ornaments.


I have a few polishes from LynBDesigns, and they are consistently of good quality.  I didn't have to go fishing for glitter, the formula isn't thick or gloopy like some Indies, either.  The stars came out on the brush on their own, though I did put them on the nail where I wanted them to go.  All chunky glitter can use a little dabbing.


This week's challenge was to use colors of Christmas Ornaments, so I went with silver bells in Essie No Place Like Chrome.  I wanted it to look like the bells were hanging on the tree, but they kinda look like the Griswold's Family Tree got eaten by the bells.  This is one of those stamps that would look better on those with longer nails.


No stamping Sunday next week, but there should be some kinda post, per usual.  I hope you're enjoying all the different nail art out there on the blogs this week - so many really fun designs to try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...