Lit from Within: Week of Suedes
-->

Monday, November 26, 2012

Week of Suedes

At first, I didn't know what to make of this 'suede' trend.  From the pix I could see online, it wasn't clear if it was glitter, or textured, or what...

Then, Avon put their suedes on sale, and I jumped in, and boy, am I glad I did.


Avon Sumptuous Rose is delicate, rosy, with a golden glow.  Suedes are smooth to the touch, not textured, and they're not really glitter, either.  The only way I can think to describe it is like a matte foil polish - there are multiple visual layers to the polish, like a foil has the color and the silver layers.



As my first suede, of course I had to see what it looked like with a glossy topcoat!  It looks more like a traditional microglitter here, not as delicate, more bold.



The second Avon Suede I tried was Fuchsia Feel.  This one has the same great suede finish, the formula was a little thicker, but not unmanageable.  I love that suede look.



I decided to pair this one with Shimmer Natalie.  I freehanded the glitter half, and only did topcoat on the glitter.  I love the contrast between the suede and the glitter!




I guess I couldn't take it off without trying it with topcoat over the whole thing.  I have no ability to edit myself...


Are you into the suede trend?  I'll be showing you different suedes all week long... stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I watch too much Project Runway, I guess, with all their talk of juxtaposing hard and soft textures! I'm painting like that now, lol!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...