Lit from Within: Sparkly, Spooky Black
-->

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sparkly, Spooky Black

I have some black combos to share with you today!

I know it's called ManGlaze, but women like it, too!  I have to confess, I'm seeing more blogs with men painting their nails, and it's pretty cool.



Matte is Murder, a matte black, is one of the first polishes ManGlaze came out with, and it's pretty much their signature color.  In my opinion, they make some of the BEST matte finish polishes available.


I used it as undies for Dandy Nails You Set My Soul Alight, but this glitter didn't really need any undies.  I'm loving Dandy Nails, they just keep putting out great glitters.  I don't usually wear plain black nails, but these multicolored tiny sparkles make it perfect for me.



The undies for this next mani is Sonia Kashuk Tango Mango.  I like her polishes a lot.  Very consistent formula, high shine, great color payoff.  This is a little bright for me, but it's a great Halloween orange!


 ..not that this polish needed any undies at all!  Joe Fresh Twilight is a flakie in a black base.  I thought it would be sheer, but it wasn't at all!


You can only barely see the orange around the edges, which I did on purpose to see if it would pull more of the orange color out of the flakies, but it really didn't.  To be honest, I was al ittle disappointed with the flakie payoff in this polish.  I wanted more.. MOAR flakies.


So I added my own!  Finger Paints Twisted, a lemming I never thought I'd get.  I managed to collect all the Finger Paints Flakies, and this is my fave, by far.  So gorgeous, especially over black.



Another sparkly black mani for you today!  It started off with Revlon Black Lingerie, which I got at Big Lots for about a dollar.  This is a great black!  My camera actually had trouble photographing it because it's so shiny.



Over that, I used Girly Bits Howl at the Moon.  Girly Bits is a very high quality Indie, and this polish is no exception.  Love that glossy black and the gold glitter - perfect for this season, or any season!




Bonus mani!  This one starts with Borghese Notte Black.  It's not as glossy as the Revlon, has a bit more grey to it.  I'd be hard pressed to choose this one over that Revlon or some other deep dark black polish.


This one I covered with Orly Androgenie, which looks like a galaxy in a bottle, but not so much on the nail.  I think it would take quite a few coats to get that look on the nail.


I amped up the sparkle with Lorena Cinderela.  All flakies just look gorgeous over black, don't they?


A little bit of holo sparkle from Out the Door Northern Lights.  Now that's a sparkly party!


 Do you like shiny, sparkly black all year 'round, or is it just for Halloween for you?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...