Lit from Within: "Conversation" nails
-->

Monday, August 13, 2012

"Conversation" nails

I admit it, I'm a hack.  I'm a copycat.  I don't have an original thought when it comes to art, but I love looking at what other people do and taking inspiration from them.  I've learned a lot from watching Robin Moses' videos, and took inspiration from her tutorial on "Conversation Nails" to do this mani.

I started out with Sinful Colors Greek Isles.  I think this is just gorgeous.  Maybe it's a dupe for Essie Turquoise and Caicos?  I don't own that one, but it looks similar to pix I've seen. 


Using Sally Hansen Insta-dry in Emerald Express, I painted the first layer of petal shapes.  Robin calls these 'conversation nails' because she could just talk and talk while creating them, letting the pattern just build organically.  I can't do that!  I'm not sure if I could even talk while painting.  I'm not much good at walking and chewing gum at the same time, either.


Next, I mixed Finger Paints Choco Mint with a little bit of white polish and painted the next layer of petals, and used plain white to highlight the bottoms of the petals.


My nails are smaller than the ones in Robin's video, and I also didn't do accent nails, so my pattern diverges here a bit more from hers.  I used a non-name dark teal Borghese mini to dot around the petals, and then hi-lit them with Revlon Sequins.


 Right hand:



These were fun to paint and wear.  I enjoyed this pattern!  What's your fave pattern to paint on your nails?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...