Lit from Within: Ms. Ruby Flower-Tips
-->

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ms. Ruby Flower-Tips

At my first Central Florida Beauty Bloggers' meeting, we had a products swap where the ladies brought in whatever products they didn't want, and picked up others that were discarded.  It was AWESOME.  There were boxes and boxes of nail polish to choose from.  This is one of the polishes I picked up.  When I got it, another blogger made me promise to write it up in my blog, so here it is.

This is Joie Kollection Metallic Burgundy.  I'd never heard of this polish before.  I thought the color was divine.  It was thick as molasses, though - I needed a lot of thinner to manage this application.  I didn't realize it was metallic until after I put it on, but no matter.  I still loved the color, brushstrokes and all.  I will probably try it for stamping, next.


Ms. Ruby Stipple-tips has a long-lost cousin, Flower-tips.  I started with the flowers in white, which bled through the burgundy in short order..


 ..and then I used Sally Hansen HD in Hue to highlight.  This is such a versatile polish - it's yellow in the bottle, but has a great iridescence to it - it becomes a shade of whatever is underneath it, and if you change the angle that you're viewing it, it becomes opaque.  That gold reflection shining back at you in this pix?  That's the HD.


 I added some black dots for the center of the flowers, and topcoated with Seche Vite.


 Right hand:


I know I'm an old fart for liking frosts/metallics.  I hear it over and over again that it's a dated look, but I can't take it too seriously for the most part.  I've lived long enough to see all the silly things I wore growing up come back into fashion again.  Seriously, people, leg warmers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...