Lit from Within: Weeds are just flowers that grow where they're not planted
-->

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Weeds are just flowers that grow where they're not planted

One of the hot manis on Pinterest that I think is adorable is this dandelion mani from Mad Manis.  I thought it might be simple enough for a newbie like me, and still be cute.

After applying the ridge-filling base coat, I followed up with 2 coats of Essie's Fair Game in this cute little mini bottle.  I love this color - I love blues, and this is a grey, shimmery blue.  The closest thing I have to it is Zoya's Skylar, but Skylar is more blue and has micro-glitter in it.






After the blue dried, I applied a coat of Seche Vite.  When that was dry, I got out my dotting tool and made one black dot (Pure Ice Black Rage) on my thumb, middle finger and pinky, and then drew a line from that dot to the edge of my nail.


I used OPI's I Vant to Be A-Lone Star for the dandelion puffs.  It's like a silver with a blue tinge to it.  Or maybe it's just silver.  But it evokes blue to me.  It's very delicate, though, so I thought it worked nicely for this.


As an after thought, I dabbed on Hot Ticket's Dodged a Bullet over the petals, which I think added a little depth to the flower.  Or, I could be full of crap.  It's possible.


Ok, so you have to use your imagination a little to see that these are dandelions, but I like the effect, and it's a simple, subtle nail art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...