Lit from Within: Cinderelly, Cinderelly... Sinful Colors Cinderella
-->

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cinderelly, Cinderelly... Sinful Colors Cinderella

I've been reading on the polish blogs about this brand called 'Sinful Colors' and the darling of the collection, Cinderella.  I went on a pilgrimage to Walgreens to score some of this magic elixir...

It's not bad for a $2 bottle of polish.  I liked the color, but the formula?  eh, not so much.  First, I tried 3 coats, straight up.  It's a beautiful baby blue with a slight, slight pink shimmer.  A little sparkly surprise, if you will.


 There's still some VNL and it was uneven.. and I just wasn't happy with it.  So, I took it off and tried again.

I put on 2 layers of Essie's Borrowed and Blue.  It's okay for a pastel.. a little chalky, but had good coverage.  I was missin' the sparklies, though.


Then I put one coat of Cinderella over the Essie.  This worked for me - and, because I'm not very good at cleaning up my manis, I liked this better than using white as a base.  I'm always seeing little white streaks where I don't want them.  This blue backed up the Cinderella and let her sparklies shine.  Only one finger in the pix, though, because I messed all the others up trying to figure out how to make this work, and I was too tired to do the whole mani!


I found Cinderella at Walgreens for $1.99 a bottle.  I also picked up a few other colors I'll show you in a bit.  I found that my local Target started carrying the Sinful Colors line, but couldn't find a price.. and no Cinderella. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you...I'm very disappointed you didn't know about Sinful Colors! I love it! And, BTW, it's $.99 at my Walgreens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, they are on sale for that this week - need to get me to Walgreens! What can I say, though, I've been a polish snob. I love China Glaze the mostest. But I'm branching out...

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...